Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Roma Star Francesco Totti Voted Best Active Italian Player

‘Er Pupone’ is now even more eager to return to action and justify the results of the poll.

Roma captain Francesco Totti has been voted the best active Italian player in a poll conducted by La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

100 Italian personalities, including footballers, politicians and showmen, took part in the vote and Totti came out on top, with Roma team-mate Daniele De Rossi in second place and Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo in third.

“I was very pleased to read the results,” Totti told the pink daily.

“I’m very happy that I was voted top, particularly because the poll was made by asking the opinions of 100 people who represent different worlds.

“To receive this accolade will be an added motivation to get back to action quickly so that whoever voted for me will not have second thoughts.

“Had I been asked the same question, I would have certainly voted for [Gianluigi] Buffon or Daniele De Rossi, who is my team-mate but also a friend.”

Totti has been sidelined with a knee problem since February 14 and is unlikely to be available for Sunday’s crunch Serie A match with Milan at the Olimpico. (Goal.Com/AS)

No comments:

Post a Comment