Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Luca Toni Happy To Remain At Roma

The towering striker would like to stay with the Giallorossi after his loan spell finishes in June...

Luca Toni has expressed his desire to stay at Roma once his loan deal expires at the end of the season.
Toni's only focus at the moment is to impress the Lupi hierarchy into keeping him by scoring goals, which may convince Italy coach Marcello Lippi to take him to the World Cup.

"I am doing well here in Rome. I have a great rapport with the club and with the fans," the 32-year-old stated to Corriere Dello Sport. "I will do everything I can to stay here in the future.

"All that I have to think about is playing well and scoring goals. This is my objective over the next two months.

"We shall see what happens after that, but my will is to stay here and play for the Roma jersey.

"I don't think that I am a confirmed person for South Africa. I just want to give it my all here at Roma, and leave it up to Lippi to decide," added Toni.

The former Fiorentina and Palermo player has a contract with Bayern Munich, and has been on loan to Roma since January. (Goal.Com/AS)

No comments:

Post a Comment